TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Either injector should work fine.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Either injector should work fine.

Posted by Kvert on October 11, 2014 at 3:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 200 times.

In Reply To Either injector should work fine. posted by TriniTT on October 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Message Got it all sorted out.

TriniTT, I think you get to throw an I told you so at my face. I replaced all the injector caps with the 4 prong caps from Mr. Injector. They fit so much tighter than what was previously installed. They didn't even fit on until I heated them up as per the included instructions. The previous caps were on pretty tight, but I could eventually pop them off by hand after working them a bit. After getting the new ones installed with the JWT caps, the gap between the cap and adapter was about 1mm.

I would still be skeptical of the Z1 adapters still. The was no gap between the caps and adapter and I am almost certain they were putting undue pressure on the caps. I'm thinking it was thermal cycling and corresponding expansion of the adapters that eventually worked the previous (weaker) caps off. I will give the JWT units a thumbs up and recommendation. I was much happier with the fitment than the Z1 units.

The car is now back on the road after replacing the starter. Somehow the bracket broke when I tried to crank it after my fuel induced stall from the injector oring leak. Cranked right up and smoked a bit after warming up to clear the gas out of the cat. Purrs like a kitten and hope no more plenum pulls for a long long time.

Thanks to all who responded to my posts.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.